Wednesday, June 8, 2011

my kitchen

is basically done.  We are waiting for our new table/chairs to be delivered on Friday, but I wanted to show off my pictures :)

Let's take a look back at what my kitchen used to look like....





and here's what it looks like now!!  Just for reference, the range is in the same place in the old and new kitchen


about where the fridge is used to be a second doorway to the hall on the other side.  since we obviously don't need 2 doorways 5 feet apart, we closed one in.
 
we expanded the window above the sink (and took out the actual window) and expanded the doorway to the next room (and got rid of the actual door)
 


I'll have more pictures of the other side (the eating area) after the table is delivered on Friday!

4 comments:

  1. First - LOVE! I cannot believe how different the space looks. The old owner would never believe this was her house.

    Second - I love the pass-through window. I'm sure you are looking forward to being able to work in the kitchen while Squishy plays in the playroom. :)

    I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's GORGEOUS!!!! I am so impressed with the transformation. I love all the projects you've done to your house! I seriously think these pictures belong in a magazine, simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara, your kitchen looks like it came out of an HGTV ad!! It's so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the new kitchen! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete