Thursday, August 12, 2010

overdue update - landscaping

I just realized I never shared pictures of our landscaping!  Last year, if you look back, we did the front walkway and patio.  This year we got to plant new landscaping!  Of course within a couple of weeks we entered a 2-month long heat wave (90+ for half the month of July, basically above 85 all the other days, and very little rain).  I think the plants made it though.  I guess we'll find out for sure next year!

 I hit an electrical wire while digging one of the holes.  This is what MrT had to do to bury it

Another hole uncovered this monstrosity.  Solid cement.

Before

After



Apparently I have no pictures of the following with mulch...



And finally, some of the beautiful flowers from our plants!





This is a type of hydrangea.  The flowers are a really pale green right now and will turn pink in the fall!



Since I love progress shots so much...here's a mini photo-timeline...

Before - when we bought the house

Last year - when we'd redone everything, sans landscaping


And finally, done!

1 comment: