Sunday, August 22, 2010

tile - part 2

Today, the husband and myself finished the tile in the bathroom.  I laid the tile while T made the cuts.  It was pretty much smooth sailing except for a couple cuts we had to make around the plumbing and our little cutout shelf wasn't easy.  But, it looks great and we love the way it turned out!

it was raining, so T made himself a little tent



all done (minus grout)!
(blue painters tape = keeping bats out)

that little contraption in the cutout is holding the top tiles in place while the thin-set dries

so in love with the glass tile in the back of our cut-out shelf!

it doesn't look so dark in person...my flash isn't good in that tight space



Sometime this week we'll grout the floor and the shower and then we'll be ready to move the vanity in and for the plumber to come back and hook everything up!

3 comments:

  1. beautiful tile!!! I love the glass in the shelf. I covet that stuff everytime I see it :) next house perhaps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, it looks so awesome! You guys are doing an awesome job! Also, I love the tent that T set up, looks like what they do on all the home shows :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It looks even better now that it's grouted and I'm going to wash the floors and walls today and will have more pictures then. Vanity getting installed this weekend and plumber comes on Wednesday to hook everything up!

    ReplyDelete