Friday, February 18, 2011

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

I might be in heaven.  When Jenny over at The Picky Palate said she had a recipe using Reese's PBCs and an egg, I thought, "how could this not be awesome??"



I usually have to go to the store to buy ingredients for a recipe - for this one, I bought a little food processor (somehow, with all the gadgets we got for our wedding, a food processor was not one of them).  I wasn't sure my hand mixer would work and there was no way I wasn't making these.

These are so good and you really can't get much more simple than 2 ingredients!  Stock up on Reese's PBCs (I used 30) and make sure you have an egg (I used a jumbo egg that seemed to get mistakenly packed within my carton of large eggs).  Unwrap the Reese's, put them in the food processor, and process until finely chopped.  Once all your Reese's are processed, add the egg.  Since I bought a small (3-cup) food processor, I couldn't fit all the Reese's in there, so I did those in batches and then in a separate bowl, added the egg and mixed with my hand mixer.

Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper and roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheets.  Flatten with spatula to ½" thickness.  Bake 15-17 minutes or until the edges start to firm up.  Let cool on pan for 15 minutes before transferring to wire rack.

Then, pour a glass of milk and enjoy the deliciousness...

1 comment: