Friday, January 30, 2009

nestie gtg

I went to my first Boston Nestie get together last night and it was really fun. I was nervous about meeting these ladies that I only "know" from the internet, but it was great! We went to Not Your Average Joe's in Methuen and it was delicious :) It was a little awkward since I ended up being the first one there and couldn't even really give much info to the hostess since I didn't even know who I was meeting! I felt a little out of place since I'm one of the youngest on the board and the only one not pregnant/with kids, but it was still a good time.

Mr. T. came home from skiing last night - he said he can't remember the last time he's seen snow like that in NH, that it was like skiing out west. I'm surprised he came home! We're going up again next weeked - it will be my first ski trip this year and I'm excited. Sox will be going to stay with my parents because I couldn't bear the thought of leaving him at the vet, locked up in a cage!

The hats I ordered for our 3-Day team came yesterday, they are awesome and so perfect! I can't wait to give everyone theirs! My stamps and address labels should be here today or tomorrow, so hopefully my letters can go out next week. I also talked to the HR lady at work, and as I figured, I can't use my company email to send out a fundraising letter to my coworkers. So they'll have to hear through word of mouth and hopefully will see the poster I'll be hanging on my cube.

On another note - I am totally itching to go to Disney World for some reason. It came up a week or so ago that Mr. T. hasn't been since he was really little and I had been wanting to do a small vacation for our first anniversary. At first we were saying that we wouldn't spend a lot of money if we did do something because we have plenty of house projects to spend money on. But we also want to do things with just to two of us before we decide to have kids. So I was thinking of spending a long weekend up in Bar Harbor, Maine - to avoid having to pay for a flight. But then I got to thinking about Disney. I shouldn't have. A package vacation for 4 nights actually isn't over the top and would be totally doable in September. Now I can't get it out of my head. We'll see if we end up going!

No comments:

Post a Comment