Monday, January 19, 2009

random ramblings

There isn't much to report, I just wanted to update since it's been a while.

Things are going well - we're supposed to get hit with yet another snowstorm tomorrow, they're estimating we'll get about a foot at home. I'm hoping to work from home now that I have my work laptop, so hopefully I won't be commuting (30 miles one way) in the snow!

Tonight is our orientation meeting for the 3-Day. I'm looking forward to seeing what information they give us and then hopefully it will inspire me to get my fund-raising letters out. I'm hoping to have them out by the weekend so we'll see. I bought my pink paper and envelopes from Staples last night and the letter is basically done, I just want to go back to it in a couple of days so that I can make sure it's written how I want it. (If you want to donate - there is a link on the left of my blog that will take you to my personal fund-raising page! (Any donation is MUCH appreciated!)

I finally made the leap of letting someone else take care of Sox so that Mr. T. and I can go skiing. For those who don't know - our cat, Sox, is diabetic (diagnosed shortly after the wedding last fall) and needs insulin injections twice a day. Since this has hindered our ability to go away for a weekend and leaving him home alone, I haven't been skiing at all, and poor husband has only been once this whole winter. The vet said they'd board him for the weekend but it made me really sad to think about him being locked in a cage all weekend. And I was originally worried about leaving him with my parents because my mom is wary of needles and the like. But I decided to ask her if she'd be ok with it and she agreed. I assured her it's really simple and not nausea-inducing in the slightest. At their house he'll have free roam of the finished basement (and he lived in the house for almost 10 years!)

That's all for now - off to lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment