Wednesday, June 24, 2009

couch to 5k - take 2

Well, as motivated as I was to start the couch to 5k program two weeks ago, I didn't make time to get past the first workout. Big FAIL. I re-started yesterday and I have a new plan in place to make sure I stay on track this time around. Even though the gym is only about 2 miles from our house, I will now pack a gym bag in my car so that I can go straight to the gym from work. So here we go again:

Week 1, Workout 1 - Tuesday, June 23
@ gym - treadmill
  1. 5 minute warm-up walk @ 4.0 mph
  2. 60 seconds jog @ 6.2 mph
  3. 90 seconds walk @ 4.2 mph
  4. 60 seconds jog @ 6.0 mph
  5. 90 seconds walk @ 4.0 mph
  6. repeat steps 2-5 for 20 minutes (4 cycles)
  7. 5 minute cool-down walk @ 3.5 mph
Workout #2 (identical to #1) will be tomorrow night after work.

Aside from trying to get myself to the gym more often, we have been doing a ton of work to the house. This past weekend we put the windows in both of our bathrooms and this weekend we'll be finishing out the windows by installing the double window in our other upstairs bedroom - then we're done! Tim and his helpers (my father-in-law, possibly a cousin and a work friend) will also install our new French patio door! We've gotten word that our siding contractor should be starting on July 13th!

More updates after the weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment