Wednesday, June 10, 2009

couch to 5k

Last week I decided that I needed to seriously do something about my lack of physical activity since the wedding. It's quite sad and embarrassing actually, how out-of-shape I have gotten since I graduated college and retired from PSU track and field 2 years ago. I had heard of this Couch to 5k program but never looked into it. Well I figured it couldn't hurt to try it out. I did the first workout last night and I really liked it! Even though I don't have an actual 5k in mind to run anytime soon, I figured it couldn't hurt to use this program to get into better running shape.

In order to try and keep myself accountable for following the program, I'm going to use my blog as a way to record the workouts. So, away we go!

Week 1, Workout 1 - Tuesday, June 9
@ gym - treadmill
  1. 5 minute warm-up walk @ 4.0 mph
  2. 60 seconds jog @ 6.0 mph
  3. 90 seconds walk @ 4.0 mph
  4. repeat steps 2 and 3 for 20 minutes (8 cycles)
  5. 5 minute cool-down walk @ 3.5 mph
I felt really good the whole time and will try to up my speeds for steps 2 and 3 next time around (tomorrow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment