Monday, September 20, 2010

bathroom progress - 95% complete

I am happy to report that after almost 2 months, our bathroom renovation is basically done.  The reason it's not 100% is because we're waiting for our shower head/tub spout set to be delivered and MrT still needs to hang the shower curtain rod (but drilling through porcelain tile is not easy.  It takes over 1 fully charged drill battery per hole.  He needs to drill 4 holes - he's done 1.  And he broke a drill bit.)

Long story short, we hired this plumber.  He was good in the beginning, got the plumbing in, etc.  Then he had to wait on us before coming back to finish.  We had to do the electrical work, new walls, tile, etc.  Basically he just had to come back at the end to hook up the sinks and the shower.  Well, we've been ready for him for about 4 weeks now.  Week 1 - he just plain forgot.  Week 2 - he apparently hurt himself and spent all day at the hospital.  Week 3 - he was later than he'd planned to be and we were having people over so we told him not to come.  Week 4 - we didn't hear from him (and still haven't - and it's been 9 days since we last talked to him).

So MrT decided to take matters into his own hands.  We've been talking about him finishing it for a couple of weeks now, but we kept thinking the plumber was coming THIS time.  But when T couldn't get a hold of him at the end of last week, that was the last straw.

To say I love it is an understatement.  I stand in there and stare at it on no less than 2 occasions per day.  I can now brush my teeth, use the toilet, and do my hair in there.  And hopefully after this weekend, I can shower and even take a bath!

Without further ado - pictures!






In the midst of this project, we also got new carpet (I think I mentioned that in my last post with the pictures of the hardwood floors.  Well the new carpet was installed last Thursday and I am in love with that too.  I don't have pictures of the room set up yet, but here is my beautiful new carpet, in all its glory!

Before:




After:





more pictures tomorrow probably with the furniture back in place!

No comments:

Post a Comment