Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Spiced Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Found this draft unpublished from a month ago - not sure what I was waiting for!
_______________________

Like most of the recipes I have, I can't take credit for this one, I got it HERE.  I love it because the spices make it my kitchen smell wonderful.

I also can't tell you firsthand how these taste because I don't particularly like oatmeal raisin cookies.  But MrT requested them once so I found a recipe.  He loves these and so do some of the people I work with.  In fact, "love" may be an understatement - I brought a batch into the office a few weeks ago and they were gone by the following afternoon.  A good friend I work with had eaten 4 before he left work that day!

Ingredients
1 stick margarine (softened)
1 stick butter flavored shortening (I typically just use a stick of (real) butter, softened)
2 eggs
1 cup light brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground cloves
½ tsp salt
3 cups oats
1 cup raisins

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. In a large bowl, mix together margarine, butter, eggs, sugars, and vanilla.

3. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.  Then add this mixture to the sugar mixture.  Mix well.

4. Mix in oats and then raisins.

5. Drop spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.  Cool on sheet for 2 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.

Makes 2-3 dozen cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment