Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy belated Thanksgiving! We traveled down to the Cape and had Thanksgiving with my parents who were up from Virginia, and my sister (who lives in Boston). Then we had Thanksgiving 2 with my in-laws (also on the Cape) on Saturday. It was great to get away for a long weekend before the next 3½ busy weeks of work before the Christmas holiday.

Tim, Me, and Lucy (my parents' dog)

Thanksgiving being over means it's Christmas season! It is my absolute favorite time of year. Within 10 minutes of getting home from the Cape on Sunday, I had started decorating. The tree is up and decorated, the stockings are hung, and the wreaths are on the doors. Now if only I could get motivated to do some Christmas shopping or even to make a list of my Christmas wishes that my family keeps asking for!

In other news, our Breast Cancer 3-Day team is already prepping for our walk next July and we're growing!! Because of our success and awesome experience, our team now has 8 people on it and we're expecting at least another 3 to join! I'm amazed that we can go from 4 to 11 people in just one year. Before I know it, it will be time to start fundraising again!

3 comments:

  1. Kara, Lucy is just the cutest thing! i LOVE her. And can't wait to see pictures of all of your Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look good with a doggie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're telling me, Meg! I want a dog...Tim says maybe in a couple of years when we're more "settled"

    ReplyDelete