Sunday, October 31, 2010

Banana Oatmeal Cookies

I had been talking to one of my friends at work about how I was planning on baking all weekend and his request was "oatmeal!".  I wanted to try some new stuff, so I went in search of another cookie that has oatmeal, but something different than your usual oatmeal raisin cookies.  I found this recipe and couldn't wait to try it.


Ingredients
3/4 C shortening
1 C packed brown sugar
1 egg
½ C mashed ripe bananas (~2 bananas)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 C all purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground cloves
3 C oats (I used old-fashioned)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease cookie sheets

2. In large bowl, cream together shortening and brown sugar.  Beat in egg, banana, and vanilla

3. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves.  Gradually mix into banana mixture.  Fold in oats by hand.

4. Drop spoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes (add 3-5 minutes if using insulated baking sheets).  Cool on pan for ~5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool comletely.

Makes 3 dozen cookies.


Adapted from AllRecipes

No comments:

Post a Comment