Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've been a slacker with blogging lately, but I have 4 new recipes to make it up to you.
After the success of my pumpkin bread, I started gathering more pumpkin recipes to try out.  I came across this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe on my friend, MrsD's blog and it could not have been more perfect!  I've made 3 batches in the last 2 weeks - they're so easy and everyone l.o.v.e.s. them.  I've actually had coworkers ask me if I put drugs in them (but no worries, these cookies are drug free!).  The only addition I made was a teaspoon of ground cloves.



Ingredients
1 C canned pumpkin puree
1 C white granulated sugar
½ C vegetable oil
1 egg
2 C all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp milk
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 C chocolate chips (1 12oz pkg)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and cloves. In a separate, large bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg.

3. Dissolve baking soda with milk and add to pumpkin mixture.

4. Gradually add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture.  Mix well.  Then add in vanilla and chocolate chips

5. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.  Bake 10 minutes or until light brown and firm (add 3-5 minutes for insulated cookie sheets).  Let cool on pan for 2 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.

Makes 3 dozen cookies

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, I think I need to make those pumpkin cookies. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete