Sunday, October 31, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies

Last, but certainly not least, my favorite product from this weekend's baking extravaganza...the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies!  Another winner from my good friend MrsD!

Her recipe includes the from-scratch versions, I cheated a little and made the brownies from my favorite boxed mix, but I did make the cookie dough from scratch.  I have no pictures of my finished product - I cut them up and put them away before I remembered the camera, so I'm borrowing MrsD's image


I also didn't make the ganache for the top - I'm not really a fan of chocolate frostings, and I didn't want to ruin these for myself!

Ingredients

For the brownie part:
1 box of your favorite brownie mix + whatever you need to make the mix as directed

For the cookie part:
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter, softened
¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels (I used mini-morsels)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease 9x13 inch pan.

2. Prepare brownie batter as directed on box.  Pour batter into greased pan.

3. For the cookies, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in small bowl and set aside.  In separate large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla.  Add egg and mix well.  Gradually add in flour mixture.  Fold in chocolate chips by hand.

4. Drop by spoonfuls into brownie batter, pressing down lightly on the dough.

5. Bake 35-40 minutes.  Let cool in pan for about 1 hour.


And even though I didn't use it, I wanted to include the recipe for the chocolate ganache in case you want it:

For the ganache:1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
6 Tbsp. butter
In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter until just before the boiling stage. Pour over the chocolate morsels. Let stand for about 20 seconds, then stir until smooth. Pour over the brownies, and smooth to cover completely. Let set before cutting. (This takes a crazy long time, but make sure to wait before cutting into them. I usually let them sit overnight, then cut them in the morning.) Cut into small pieces and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment