Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting

Sticking with the pumpkin theme, I found this recipe online and made a couple of changes to it.  I made the same cream cheese frosting that I had for the Banana Cupcakes.

I'll admit that I have no idea how these taste - my coworkers are my taste-testers when it comes to pumpkin recipes.  But they came out exactly as I'd hoped texture-wise and they smell amazing, so I'm guessing they're good.


Ingredients
3 eggs
2/3 C vegetable oil
3/4 C white granulated sugar
1 15oz can pumpkin puree
2 C all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp salt

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. In large bowl, mix eggs, oil, sugar, and pumpkin.  In separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves.

3. Gradually add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture until combined.

4. Spread batter evenly into ungreased 10x15 inch jelly roll pan.

5. Bake 25-30 minutes.  Cool completely before frosting.

Makes 2 dozen bars.


Adapted from AllRecipes

No comments:

Post a Comment