Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I swear, this is it, for realz

I am a bad exerciser. Monday marked the 3rd time I have started the Couch to 5k workout plan. However, I have vowed to continue with it this time! Really, I promise.

Despite my 2+ week battle with a sinus infection/bronchitis/whatever, I got home from work Monday and was in the mood to run, so I did. It was beautiful outside (Summer, welcome to New England, thanks for joining us this year) so I did the workout outside and it was great. There is no need for me to write down the exact workout again, so I won't. I'm already geared up to do workout #2 today after work. It's supposed to storm, but I hope I can get it in outside. If not, it's off to the gym (that I pay for monthly yet hardly use. Fail.).

In other news, our siding is coming along nicely. As it stands right now, I think they plan on finishing everything but the front this week and then doing the front next week. (We're using shingle style siding on the front, so it's more work, hence it being saved for last. Plus, they have to install our new front doors). No new pictures, but it is still looking awesome.

We also hired a landscaper to come fix up our front walkway and to build us a patio out back. We are SO excited for this and can't wait to be able to grill AND eat outside. Grilling and having to eat inside kind of ruins the fun. The extensive work that needs to be done out front is a little daunting to explain, but I do have "before" pictures to upload that will be easier to show.

As I mentioned earlier, I've been sick. It started out the week before the 3-Day as a sinus infection of sorts. Luckily I was ok during the walk, but I think the walking, paired with having to travel by plane (for work) the week after the walk, prolonged my illness. No sooner did my sinuses clear that bronchitis set in (they actually overlapped a little, NOT FUN). I am just now feeling better, though I still have my cough, and last night was the first night in probably a week that I haven't woken up in a coughing fit in the middle of the night. The other downside to all this - Tim is now sick. His symptoms are presenting a little differently, and I just hope it doesn't last as long for him as it has for me. Especially because he doesn't like taking medicine.

Next up, I need to recap the Breast Cancer 3-Day (now that it's been almost 2 weeks since we walked!). Hopefully by Friday (since I have Friday off) I can do that before I forget too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment