Sunday, August 30, 2009

the baby bug

I'm surrounded and constantly taunted. By babies. And pregnant women. We're still at least a year away from trying (that's if I get my way) but I have permanent baby fever right now. On Friday I had lunch with a friend who's adorable little boy is almost 4 months old. Then last night we had dinner with good friends of ours who are expecting their first in February. She has a cute little baby bump and was glowing. I know why we're waiting (house projects, money, Tim just isn't ready yet, etc) and I really am ok with it - but it doesn't stop me from day-dreaming! Hopefully the next year of marriage flies by as quickly as this first one did and we'll be more in a place where we're both ready to expand our family.

On a similar note - on Friday night we were talking about aforementioned expecting friends and Tim asks when babies start walking. A little confused I told him the average is about 1 year old and asked why he was curious. He said "when J & A's baby starts walking I'll probably think 'we should have one of these cute little things'". I couldn't help but chuckle and secretly start plotting how to get their unborn child to be the earliest walking infant ever... :)

2 comments:

  1. haha...that is so cute of your hubs to say. Start practicing with that baby NOW! I am telling you..the baby bug sticks around forever...and can taunt the crap out of you. I hate (and LOVE) how innate it is for a woman to want to be a mother. It can be so stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I just got around to coming back here lol. Basically all I had said was that I am doing my best to keep the baby related posts on the bump board :-P It is so dead over there though, sometimes I still post on the nest board to get some responses! And good luck getting your friend's baby to walk early ;-) I'll be rooting for it!

    ReplyDelete