Tuesday, August 18, 2009

more house updates

tired of them yet?
too bad :)

So our siding contractors did NOT work through the weekend - though I can't blame them since it was approaching 90 degrees both days, not including the heat index. Yesterday they came and replaced our front and side entry doors. The new ones look awesome! Of course, they wouldn't install the hardware because that "wasn't a part of our original agreement". *insert eyeroll* My wonderful husband left that for me to do when I got home from work while he was working on putting up trim around all the doors. Of course, as someone who thinks I know how to do everything, I didn't read the directions carefully and I put a hole in our front door that I promptly realized I drilled in the wrong spot. Not a huge deal - nothing a little putty can't fix!

Regardless of that mishap, the new doors look great and I can't wait to paint them! I have Friday off so I was hoping to do it then, but then Tim reminded me that the contractors would probably be working, so maybe on Sunday.

Our masonry guys started yesterday as well - they came and dug-out/leveled the ground where our patio will be going (and apparently dug it all manually!). He told Tim that they could be finished with the patio in one day, but since they won't be able to move to the front work until the siders are done, they will probably take their time with the patio. I'm sure they'll be happy for the shortened work days with this heat (it's supposed to approach 100 today - it was already 75 and very humid when I left for work at 7am).

As always, some pictures of the latest work!

new front door
(can you see the putty from the hole I drilled in the wrong place? Look below the door handle)

new side door

the stone for our walkway and wall and the granite slab that will be our front step

our future patio!

here's some work they did late last week

and this is what they did on Saturday...

2 comments:

  1. LOL @ drilling the wrong hole! Ah well, happens to the best of us :-P Once you paint you won't be able to tell a thing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome :) this must be so much fun, although I'm sure you'll be glad when its done!

    xo
    k

    ReplyDelete